Here's short procedure depicting sequence how to proceed with BI Content activation:
1. On BI side: Activate all characteristics and key figures.
- Activate all DSO objects and cubes.
- Activate all 7.0 and 3.5 version of Infosources (w/o transfer rules).
- On ECC side: Activate all DataSources needed for you data flow. Moreover remap all LIS.
- Back on BI side: Replicate all DataSources as newly activated in ECC.
- Assign DataSources and transfer rules for BW 3.5 version objects.
- Activate all update rules and transformations. As a precondition, make sure the include rs_bct_update_df is active.
- Activate multiproviders, infosets and queries.
- All data-staging-objects like DTPs, InfoPackages and ProcessChains need to be created manually for 7.0 Objects.
For more details see note 921118.